Meghalaya State Watershed & Wasteland Development Agency
The State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) was constituted on 25th June 2009, called the Meghalaya State Watershed & Wasteland Development Agency (MSWWDA) which has been registered under the Meghalaya Societies Registration Act, XII of 1983.
The main functions of the MSWWDA are:
- Prepare the State Perspective and Strategic Plan of watershed development of the state
- Establish and maintain a State Level Data Cell from funds sanctioned by the Government of India
- Provide technical support to the Watershed Cell cum Data Centre
- Approve independent institutions for capacity building and work out the overall capacity building strategy
- Approve Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) identified/selected by District Level Committee by adopting appropriate objective selection criteria and transparent system
- Establish monitoring, evaluation and learning systems at various levels
- Ensure regular and quality online monitoring of watershed projects in the state
Prepare State Specific Process Guidelines, Technology Manuals, etc in coordination with the Nodal Ministry/NRAA and operationalise the same.