"How old is your wife?
"She is approaching thirty."
"From which direction?"
Who earn a living by driving customers away?
- A taxi driver.
Where can you always find a helping hand?
- At the end of your arm.
THINK IT OVER
- Every problem contains the seeds of its over solution
- It is not how many hours you put in, it is what you put the hours that counts
When you start exercising you might actually gain weight rather than lose it. This is because you gain muscle, which is denser than fat and weight more. However, decreasing body fat percentage will ultimately help you loss weight as the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn.
- The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit of doing them
- Benjamin Jowett
- This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.
- Theodore Roosevelt
LEST WE FORGET
On behalf of the Department of Soil and Water Conservation, Meghalaya, the Directorate of Soil Conservation, Shillong wishes to convey its sincere condolences through this issue of the Newsletter to all members of the bereaved families of the following Soil and Water Conservation staff who passed away in the line of duty from July to December 2003.
- Late Shri. Barning T. Sangma, U.D.A. Tura (T) who expired on 9th July 2003.
- Late Shri. Branswell Mynsong, SCD. (Jr.I) Shillong (T), who expired on 23th July 2003.
- Late Shri. Fullmoon Suchiang, Tractor Driver, Jowai (T) who expired on 20th August 2003.
- Late Shri. Stephen W. Sangma, P.T.O. Simsangre who expired on 23rd August 2003.
- Late Shri. Nokrek N. Sangma, Chainman, Soil Survey who expired on 5th Sept. 2003.
- Late Shri. Shilbert Shanpru, SCFW, Shillong (CC) who expired on 8th Sept., 2003.
- Late Shri. Khroo Bareh, Dak Runner, Jowai (T) who expired on 20th Sept., 2003
- Late Shri. Wanbhak Tiewsoh, Tractor Driver Shillong (T) who expired on 26th Oct.2003
- Late Shri Sangman Sangma, Office Peon, Simsanggre Division who expired on 7th November, 2003
- Late Shri. Bithron A. Sangma Khalasi Tura (T) who expired on 24th Nov. 2003.
Upon this HANDFUL OF SOIL our survival depends Husband it.
& it will grow our food, fibre & fuel & surround us with beauty.
Abuse it, the soil will degrade & collapse taking mankind with it.